Friday, April 9, 2010

Final slog

Wednesday
Activity: cycle
Distance: 13km
Time: 40min

Saturday
Activity: cycle
Distance: 12km
Time: 35min

Just over a week to go, and I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't kept to the training plan 100%. This is mostly because it called for 40min hill runs in the last 2 weeks, and since I like running from home in the park, not having to drive to the hills, I've just been running on the flat. I may fit in a couple of hill runs before or after work this week, seems silly to be talking about making a special trip to the hills when I work at the bottom of a really big one.

ATM, my plan for tomorrow is to swim at the pool with Mum, but only do 300-400m. I'll have the bike on the back of the car, jump out of the pool & onto the bike, cycle home to Mum & Dad's via QEII Dve & Marshlands Rd (makes it about 7.5km), then run along the river to AGHS and back (approx 3km). That should be a good simulation of the triathlon, without the logistical problems of trying to lock my bike up a couple of times & having Mum wait around till I'm done. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment