Sunday, January 29, 2012

And the season starts again

Well, O & I have completed the first week of the Couch to 5K programme - I think it went quite well. I love the Android app on my phone. The previous times I've tried interval training/running, I've always ended up not knowing when to stop & pushing myself too far. Having a machine time the intervals & sound bells for you is so much nicer.

And speaking of training buddies, the evil woman who originally started me on this kick is back on the scene. We went for a short ride this morning, which consisted of gossip, coffee & me freaking out that I was going to pitch over my handlebars (perils of not riding my sport bike for 2 months in favour of my lovely upright Archi cruiser).
The Archi, with champagne. Not suitable for triathlon training.
So, I'm on target for completing the C25K in time for the REAL duathlon in March, and I'll hopefully have some confidence back on the low-slung bike by then too. Updates may happen. Or not. Depends on the endorphin high, if past blogging performance is anything to go by.

Rock climbing may start happening too. That requires coordination of more people though.

No comments:

Post a Comment